Covid-19 Safeguards Still in Place for Worship, Meetings
Please remember to wear a mask, social distance (6′ minimum) and practice “no contact” for everything from hugs to putting your offering into the offering plate. Ushers will guide you in all of these things. Drive-in worship is still available at the 11 a.m. hour. Thanks to our worship leaders for working behind plexiglass shields to keep us safe; to Jerrie Sue for pre-recording all the music; to choir ensembles who sing the hymns while we hum along.
9-19-20 Update: Bishop Issues Statement re Returning to Inside Worship
You may find the following link helpful at this time. Check out both the video and the statement. https://www.holston.org/post/from-the-heart-a-video-and-statement-from-bishop-taylor-14249956
According to the map referenced in her statement on Sept. 19, 2020, Polk County is yellow, Fannin is red, and Cherokee in NC is orange.
We also just heard from one of our teachers that “There are more positive cases in Fannin now than before and a lot of kids have been quarantined because of it.”
8-23-20 Update: Our First Drive-in Worship Service
Yes, it rained, but it was wonderful, anyway, to at least be able to wave to our church family members–and to hear Pastor Buddy in person!
At least 20 cars were parked by our ushers. Thanks to them and to the other behind-the-scene workers that enabled us to tune to 98.3 on our car radios to hear the service.
7-31-20 Update: In-Person Worship Cancelled Indefinitely
As long as the map on the following link pictures Polk County in red, we will not be able to meet in person. So we will continue to prepare online services, so that we can worship apart, but together in spirit, with the Holy Spirit’s help. Click on this link to find the Latest Covid-19 Situation, by County, State It takes a moment for the map to load, so be patient. Then you can select any county and state. You can also select countries.
7-20-20 Update: Our Tentative Date for In-Person Worship Still is Aug. 2
When we meet together for worship, the following will be required:
- Face masks (if you forget yours, we’ll have a few extras)
- Use hand sanitizers (look for them at the door as you enter)
- Safe distance between people (6′ minimum)
- Follow ushers instructions re seating, leaving
- No-contact rules for recording attendance, receiving offering
- No congregational singing
- No hugging or handshaking
Links You Might Find Helpful:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center (US tracking info)
- Pandemics Explained (US tracking info by state and county–the one Holston Conference uses)
- Coronavirus inspiration, information & resources (from the United Methodist Church) scroll down page to see what is offered